Dr. Thomas A. Schopler
Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry and American Academy of Implant Dentistry
Diplomate of American Board of Oral Implantology
Dentist, International Implant Lecturer, Researcher
- Achieved the highest credentials in dental implantology.
- Earned both Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology and Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- He is a Fellow of the Prestigious Misch Institute.
- Over 20 years experience in Implant Dentistry
- Has been a dentist for 45 years.
- Has successfully placed and restored thousands of dental implants.
- Has been trained in Switzerland, Sweden, Germany, France and Monaco by top implant companies in the world and in the United States.
- Has received implant training at over 15 dental schools.
- Has devoted his entire dental career to developing a dental practice, which combines art, science and technology with affordable care.
- Loyola University, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1963-66
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, 1966-67
- DDS, University of Maryland School of Dentistry, 1967-71
- St. Thomas University of Law, 1984 (No Degree)
- University of Miami, Implant Program, 1993-1994
- Florida Dental License 1971
- Mini Implant Graduate Program, University of Miami 1993-1994
- University of Pittsburgh, Misch Implant Institute, 1994-1995
- NYU Dental School Implant Program (Board Review)
- Harvard University, Dental Implant Education, 2010
- Harvard University, Massachusetts General Hospital Dental Implant Program, 2011
- Harvard University, Business Seminar, 1998
- Michigan State University, Eli Graduate School of Management, Nov 1997 (Course)
Organizations and Achievements
- American Board of Oral Implantology, Board Certified Diplomate
- American Dental Association – Lifetime Member Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- Florida Dental Association, Honorary Fellow
- Atlantic Coast District Dental Association
- American Society of Osseointegration, Fellow Member
- Misch Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pa., Fellow
- American Academy of Implant Prosthodontics, Mastership
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry, Associate Diplomate
- Academy of General Dentistry, Mastership (working towards)
- American Dental Implant Association, Fellow and Diplomate
- Rotary Club, Dania Beach, Florida, 25+ years, Past President, 1978
- Rotarian, Paul Harris Fellow
- Past Dania Chamber of Commerce Member
- Atlantic Florida Dental, Inc. (one location), Dental Director
- Professional Dental Marketing, Inc., Vice President
Who is Dr. Schopler?
Dr. Thomas A. Schopler was raised in Hollywood, Florida. He attended local schools, including Little Flower Catholic School, Olsen Middle School. He also attended South Broward High School where he excelled at varsity Basketball and earned an athletic scholarship to Loyola University, in New Orleans. Dr. Schopler studied at Loyola University for two years before transferring to Florida State University and later the University of Maryland in Baltimore. The University of Maryland is routinely ranked as one of the top Dental schools in the country, and most recently was ranked # 1. He graduated dental school in 1972 and went into private practice in Florida shortly thereafter.
Where did Dr. Schopler receive his implant training?
Dr. Schopler began his implant education at the University of Miami’s Oral/Maxiofacial Surgery Mini Residency Implant Program, an intense year of implant education. The implant education Dr. Schopler has received over the years is second to none. He has been trained at over 12 U.S. Dental Schools in implantology, including the prestigious Misch Implant Institute at the University of Pittsburgh and the second ranked dental school in the US, Harvard University, School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Schopler is constantly improving and updating his implant knowledge. Most recently, in 2011, he attended an implant course hosted by the Massachusetts General Hospital, which is associated with the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. In addition to all of Dr. Schopler’s world class implant training, he was assisted and personally trained by Dr. Ken Whitson, a board certified oral surgeon, in implant surgery for over 15 years.
Does Dr. Schopler have any hobbies?
Dr. Schopler likes to play golf, swim, reading, computers, and technology peaks his interest besides dental implants, he likes to travel taking continuing education courses in all phases of dentistry. Dr. Schopler is also an avid model train enthusiast, especially American Flyer trains. He has done as a hobby redoing homes, which entails detailing carpentry work. Also, caring for his elderly Mother (94). Dr. Schopler has also been married to his wife for over 38 years, Theresa Schopler. Mrs. Schopler is a registered nurse who has assisted Dr. Schopler at Atlantic Florida Dental in all aspects of dentistry, but especially with implant surgeries.